The translation for the French term Café au Lait is "coffee with milk." But really you might want to call it "coffee with creamy deliciousness." This easy-to-make recipe is a great way to bring home a traditional coffeehouse favorite in minutes. Start with Seattle’s Best Coffee® Toasted Hazelnut or Very Vanilla and use 2% milk or a milk substitute of your choice. For best results, make this in your favorite mug and enjoy leisurely with a good book.
- Very Vanilla or Toasted Hazelnut flavored coffee
- ⅓ cup 2% milk or milk substitute
- Pick your favorite flavor and brew up one full mug.
- While your coffee brews, fill a mason jar with 2% milk and shake, shake, shake.
- Shake vigorously for 15—30 seconds until the milk has doubled in volume.
- Remove the lid and microwave for approximately 10 seconds. Be sure to keep an eye on the milk to prevent it from spilling over in the microwave.
- Pour the frothed milk into your brewed Toasted Hazelnut or Very Vanilla Seattle’s Best Coffee®.
- Then spoon the froth over the top, and behold—Flavored Café au Lait!