Here’s a recipe name that gets better with each word: Apple. Crisp. Muffins. This recipe takes the crumbly, cinnamony goodness of apple crisp and shrinks it down to muffin-size. Just grab your trusty muffin pan and a couple of Granny Smith apples, and you’re on your way to an unforgettable morning treat. Even better on a crisp fall morning, these delicious muffins are the perfect partner for your cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee® Portside Blend®.
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 3 cups peeled diced Granny Smith apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 12-cup muffin tins with vegetable oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Granny Smith apples, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir in the oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fill the muffin cups to the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.